One of Prospect’s first missions in Icarus It is called Livewire Terrain Scan. In it, you will have to get the radar and look for three scan locations on the map. here we have Icarus A guide to help you with your Livewire Terrain Scan mission.
Noticeable: We will have Icarus Guides and Features Center coming soon, so stay tuned.
Icarus: Livewire Terrain Scan Prospect Mission Guide – Radar and Survey Locations
Radar on the Livewire Terrain Scan mission in Icarus It can be found near the northwest of your dropship. Once you interact with it, choose the device that will be assigned to your “G” hotkey.
After that, three survey locations will appear on the map (as shown in the image below). One is fairly close, but two are far away. At this point, you may want to prepare for the next trip:
- Stone axe (10x fiber, 4x stick, 8x stone), wooden bow (30x fiber, 24x stick), and either stone arrows (1x fiber, 1x stick, 1x stone) or bone arrows (1x fiber, 1x stick, 5x bone) – These are the things that you will usually use in case you need to fight/hunt wild animals.
- Campfire (8x Fiber, 8x Stick, 24x Stone) – You will need one to cook along the way.
- Oxytet – Keep some in your stash to restore oxygen.
- Bed sheet (20x fibre, 10x stick, 20x fur, 10x leather) and assorted wood fittings – keep at least one bed so it can be used as a temporary spawn point. Alternatively, you can also build a small shelter if you want.
Survey sites and wild animals
When you’re ready, visit any of the three designated Livewire Terrain Scan mission locations in Icarus. On each site you will find a device that will allow you to place the radar that you have obtained. Once it “snaps”, press “E” to activate it.
After activating the guide, run for it and try to stay hidden a few meters away. The device will be charged from zero to 100%. However, at 50%, the wild animals will Magically spawn right next to it, deactivating it. They will kill you to death if you get caught, which is why you want to stay undercover.
Here are the animals in each area:
- Survey Location #1 (North Dropship) – Two Bears.
- Survey Site No. 2 (Northeast) – Four Wolves.
- Survey Location #3 (Southwest Around the Mountain) – Two Cougars.
Wolves and kogrins can be eliminated using your bow stealth attacks. A clean headshot should be enough to kill every gang. Bears are a completely different matter. If you can’t get it out quickly, it will crumble. At the very least, having a temporary shelter and a bed spawn point should help you in case you die.
Likewise, it is possible to sneak through the animals as they will wander after a few seconds. You can then press “E” to reactivate the device. Once it reaches 100%, hold “F” to bring it back into your inventory. Once you have completed all three areas, you can return to the dropship ship to complete the Livewire Terrain Scan mission in Icarus.
Noticeable: There seems to be a bug that prevents people from getting coin rewards if they are playing offline.
Icarus Available via Steam.