From lost and found animals, to livestock concerns to nutritional and medical needs, help is available to animal owners affected by hurricanes and storms Friday.
Below you’ll find information shared with Local 6 of the Furkidz Pet Hotel of Paducah for hurricane survivors in western Kentucky who need help taking care of their pets and other animals, and resources for those who have found missing pets.
Lost and Found Pet Information
- Petsmart in Paducah accepts donations of cat and dog food, cat and dog beds and litter for animal shelters in affected areas of Marshall County and Mayfield. Donations must be sealed, unexpired and unused.
- Molly’s Mutts in Dixon, Kentucky, receives donations from pet boxes and taxis and provides assistance with pet boxes and food.
- Address: 248 KY 983, Dixon, KY 42409
- Call: 270-318-4477 or send a message to their Facebook page.
- Furkidz Pet Hotel – Accepting donations of unopened and expired pet food, blankets, pet beds, bath pads, cat litter, and dog jackets of all sizes for distribution to local businesses and vet offices to help with relief efforts.
- Address: 4239 Hansen Rd., Paducah.
Temporary emergency boarding services (dogs or cats)
- Sigilinsky Animal Clinic
- Address: 5401 Blandville Rd., Paducah, Kentucky
- Contact: 0171-554 270
- River Retriever Kennels LLC
- Address: 5796 Old Mayfield Rd Paducah Ky
- Call: 270-556-4433 or 270-994-7647
- Park Inn Bubbles Paducah
- Address: 3588 Lone Oak Rd., Paducah, Kentucky
- Call: 270-564-2914 or send a message to their Facebook page
- Rivers Edge Veterinary Hospital
- Address: 720 Kennedy Drive, Metropolis, IL 62960
- Contact: 618-841-3543
- Grooming and boarding in April
- Address: 664 Broadway Street, Barlow, Kentucky
- Contact: 270-217-1342
- Tender Care Veterinary Clinic
- Address: 740 Princeton Street, Madisonville, Kentucky, 42431
Cattle and horses
- A place to be an animal sanctuary – It has pens for small livestock, such as pigs, goats, sheep etc. and can help with transportation.
- Freedom Farms – what kind of livestock,
- Address: 1736 US HW 62 East, Eddyville, KY
- Contact: 625-8638 270
- Stalls and Yard Available, Marley 270-625-8638
- LeighAnn Choat – Contains 8 acres of land outside Grand Rivers, KY, four kiosks and a covered pen for small animals
- Lawrissa Elkins – She can hold a few horses or a small herd of cattle, can help with transportation to her land or elsewhere and has some supplies for minor cuts.
- Mike and Tanya Eubank, from Madisonville and are on Facebook), provide pasture for any displaced livestock. They can provide pasture, hay, and fresh water with multiple water basins.
- Applications for emergency grants for hay and other horse supplies can be applied for at fleetofangels.org.
- CCW Reptiles enjoy exotic animal rides, with limited space available.
- Tyler Bellamy of Paducah, Kentucky, can help treat tarantulas and invertebrates. Bring your own enclosure. Connect via Facebook Messenger.
- Claudia R. Harris has experience working with snakes and lizards. Connect via Facebook Messenger. Bring your own enclosure.